Friday, February 09, 2007

APRIL MEETING.

I am having problems with Blogger. I can't change the type, and I can't upload pictures. Just wanted to tell you all to check the guild photo album. You can find the link on the right. I have uploaded pictures from last night's meeting.

The MARCH meeting will be on making labels for your quilts. Our members, Kim M. Kaye K. and Teri B. will lead the program. I would like to ask any members who have made interesting labels for their quilts, to please bring them to show at the meeting.

We will be asking members to volunteer to be on a nominating committee to find new officers. We are going to need a new President, Vice President, and Secretary. Libby will continue as treasurer. Our officers are only obligated to a maximum two year term. I think that our guild is at a place that new officers will have help if they need it. It is not a difficult job. I know that everyone is busy, but Susan and I both work and do the officer thing, so it can be done. There are many talented women in our guild that would be great as officers. Please think about it. Program/V.P. is probably the most challenging job. And the most important to line someone up early. This coming year, we have found several people that will be on a "Program Committee". The work of finding speakers/programs can be divided up between them, but we need a Vice President to be the 'head' of the committee. I am going to plan programs to the August meeting. We need people to start program pretty soon to line people up from September on. I need someone to hand all of the program materials over to. That's why I was so keen to talk about it last night (a month before the bylaws allow. I know that it takes sometimes several month's advance notice to line someone up for a program, and I want to give the new person a head start at it because I am getting worn down and I am ready to do other things for the guild. Challenges, raffle quil, and whatever else comes up.
Actually, Northcoast Needlers has a first and second V.P. They hold a one year term. For instance, the first V.P. books all of the programs for 2006-2007, and the second VP books all of the programs for 2007-2008. Each year they get a new VP and the second VP moves to the first position, having already booked all of her programs for her year. That is why they can list all of their programs for the year in the newsletter in September. The person who booked them, didn't have to do anything but book programs for one year, and the next year she would have to be available once a month around the meeting time to deal with the person they got for their program/workshops. I think this is a good idea, and I would like to bring it up to the group. Think about your ideas so we can discuss it next month.

I will be posting the rest of the meetings for the guild year soon and reminding you about challenges..Have a good weekend.